Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Farm House

I am so far behind in posting this past years pictures. These next few entries I am going to post pictures of our last visit to our families farm in Georgia.
This is a place that Anna and I have very fond memories of as children and now our boys do too. We are all very sad because the farm house burned to the ground this past Sunday night. So far there is no idea as to how or why. Lots of memories are left behind, but the heirlooms are all gone forever. The house was built in 1859 and my uncle remodeled about 6 years ago. This is where we stay when we go to visit the fam. Just the thought of going there and the house not being there makes me so sad. My heart aches for all our family. I know we are all thankful no one was hurt, but will miss this cozy house that had so many wonderful treasures in it!!!
Uncle Mucho and Aunt Debbie sitting on the side porch.
The farm house built in 1859
To the left is the front porch with rocking chairs.
It was either this last trip or the one before that we kept saying Uncle Mucho needed to make this side porch bigger. It was inevitable that we would all end up perched right here.

Anna had Carrie playing her Christmas music for church....these three put on a mini concert.
Love this picture!
The boys and Carrie of course planned to surprise Carl Felton. Made hat, signs, and confetti! You were shocked right Carl! ;o)


Tough days at the farm running around with the cows, chickens, and breaking into old buildings tuckered these two out! I just always love the little farm touches like these bales of cotton that were the foot rests. Just such a neat place!
Uncle Joe, Uncle Mucho, and Vern hanging out.
I will post more later when I get a chance from this visit to the farm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment